Who Are We?
Pyramid Imaging, Inc. is a HUBZone certified Franchise Authorized Distributor, Value Added Reseller (VAR), Integrator and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for machine vision solutions, video imaging components and systems. We reside in Tampa, Florida but we sell to a worldwide audience. We’ve been in business since 2001 and have customers in every industry.
Our customers use our products for inspection, high speed analysis, automated controls, high end surveillance and essentially anywhere that video images need to be acquired, processed and analyzed. Our customer base comes from a wide assortment of industries including machine vision, medical, research, entertainment, academic, government, and military. If you wish to incorporate video for some automated task then please contact us.
What Do We Do?
We sell components and systems as well as provide consulting advice related to imaging capture/acquisition, processing and analysis. We also supply wiring harnesses and can build/assemble to print. Please send your drawings for a quick competitive quote. Tell us about your imaging application and we’ll provide immediate advice and sourcing for items or systems.
Pyramid Imaging is also the sole source provider for all Silicon Software products to the United States Government and Prime Military Contractors.
Current and surge capabilities:
- Image acquisition system design- including data transfer; structured lighting, Lens requirements, camera selection, and FPGA integration .
- High speed, high resolution optical systems.
- Robotics and factory automation technologies.
- Full camera/optical system testing.
- Camera design & modeling, CMOS/CCD, X-Ray to Long wave IR sensors, including stereo vision system design.
- Advanced high density electronic packaging, MEMS design, Multichip modules, 3D stacking.
Examples of components we sell include:
Cameras or imaging sensors, frame grabbers, monitors, digital recording hardware, lenses and optics, lighting, cables, accessories and software. We cover the entire electromagnetic spectrum and sell high speed video systems, low light sensitive cameras, Infrared cameras, Near IR cameras, Short Wave IR (SWIR) cameras, UV sensitive cameras, Digital X-Ray cameras, high resolution megapixel cameras and many others.
Turnkey Systems we have designed and manufactured include:
Examples of some of our government work:
- Honeywell Space Operations Rad Hard imaging system for ICBM navigation.
- Navy and Air Force subcontracts - Arena Warhead Characterization and Missile Attitude Detection, both of these involve hardware modeling/simulation for high speed, high resolution stereo camera image acquisition, processing and analysis for near real time 3D coordinate calculations of fragments and missile attitude during flight.
- Rockwell Collins - hardware specification for camera and lens used on the refueling boom of the KC-46 tanker from Boeing.
- NASA - High resolution recording system for measurement of global warming effects by analyzing ice melt.
- Aberdeen - rugged high speed video recording systems.
- Wide area surveillance using high speed multi camera arrays for detection of munition firing and calculating points of origin.
Who are our Customers?
We have literally hundreds of customers. Some are OEMs that incorporate our products into their system for resale. Some are integrators and some are end users. Some of our noteworthy examples, by industry, include
- Entertainment – Amazing Pictures, Apple, Microsoft
- Government – Air Force Research Lab, DOE, FDA, Marshall Space Flight Center, MPO, NASA, Naval Air Warfare Center, Night Vision Lab, NIST, NOAA, Oak Ridge Lab, ORNL, Rome AF Lab, USDA, USGS, and many others
- Government Contractors – Bechtel, BAE, DRS, Harris, Honeywell, Kratos Defense, L3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, SAIC, SRI, Rockwell Collins, United Space Alliance and many others
- Industrial – Westinghouse, Siemens, Bridgestone, Zygo, Medtronic, Osram Sylvania, Dupont, Corning, Motorola, Michelin, Owings Mills, Hewlett Packard, Transitions Optical, and many others
- Academic – Auburn, Boston Univ., Columbia, Cornell, Georgia Inst. Of Technology, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, UCF, UCLA, UF, UNC, USF, and many many others.
Where are We Going?
Pyramid Imaging is intent upon developing embedded vision technologies systems that are agile, adaptable, scalable, sustainable and intelligent. Embedded Vision will help systems become autonomous, cyber hard and self-learning.
We are developing new products and are growing the number of our suppliers. We are increasing our export business as well as increasing our domestic customer database. We are becoming more efficient and knowledgeable in our areas of interest. We are enriching our web site to bring more reference material to our customers. We are reaching out to our customers for feedback in order to improve our quality system. We are seeking teaming agreements with strategic partners and working towards securing more development contracts.
CODE Description - Primary NAICS code for Pyramid is in Bold
Instrument and Lens Manufacturing
333316 Photographic and Photocopying Equipment Manufacturing
334220 Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications
334310 Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing.
334511 Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical
System and Instrument Manufacturing
334513 Instruments & Related Products Manufacturing for Measuring,
Displaying, & Controlling Industrial Process Variables
334516 Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
334519 Other Measuring and Controlling Device Manufacturing
423410 Photographic Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
423430 Computer and Computer Peripheral Equipment and Software Merchant
423490 Other Professional Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
423610 Electrical Apparatus and Equipment, Wiring Supplies, and Related
Equipment Merchant Wholesalers
423690 Other Electronic Parts and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers
518210 Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services
541330 Engineering Services
541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
541512 Computer Systems Design Services
541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
541711 Research and Development in Biotechnology
541712 Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life
Sciences (except Biotechnology)
or imaging sensors
Resolution, High Speed Cameras, SWAP optimized
readable, Touchscreen monitors
and Wiring Harnesses
We cover the entire
electromagnetic spectrum and sell high speed video systems, low light sensitive
cameras, Infrared cameras, Near IR cameras, Short Wave IR (SWIR) cameras, UV
sensitive cameras, Digital X-Ray cameras, high resolution megapixel cameras and